An Affiliate Good Grief Network Group:
10-Steps to Personal Resilience & Empowerment in a Chaotic Climate
Sundays, 1-3 p.m. CST, Online Only
The 10-Steps to Personal Resilience & Empowerment in a Chaotic Climate:
Who Is Good Grief Network?
Sarah Jornsay-Silverberg, LaUra Schmidt, Dean LaCoe, Aimee Lewis Reau
What Is Good Grief Network?
GGN helps build personal resilience & empowerment while strengthening community ties to combat despair, inaction, & eco-anxiety on the collective level. Some ways they accomplish their mission is to offer peer-to-peer support groups, resources, facilitator training, a podcast, & a book (Coming Soon!)
Who Is Facilitating the 10 Steps for The Luciferian Dominion?
Piper Furiosa, The Luciferian Dominion: Community Manager
Piper lives in Dallas, TX but is moving closer to the central hub of The Luciferian Dominion in Wisconsin in the Summer of 2022. Her background & professional certification are in secondary English Language Arts & Reading instruction, with a focus on rhetoric. This background allows her to also act as an associate editor to many projects in the Dominion. Piper has also received specialized training in social-emotional learning from the Sanford College of Education.
In addition, she has pursued cultural competence & equity training from such organizations as Teaching for Change, Facing History and Ourselves, Hollaback! Bystander Intervention Training for Teachers, & more. As a passion project, Piper became a trained facilitator in the Good Grief Network’s 10 Steps to Personal Resilience & Empowerment in a Chaotic Climate. When not focused on her vocation, Piper enjoys reading, watching Miyazaki movies & British quizshows, & serving her feline overlord, Jiji.
What is the Format of a 10-Step Meeting?
- Pacing: One step a week over a 2 hour meeting. 10 consecutive weeks. Guided by trained GGN Facilitator.
- Resources: Look to participant packet for suggested resources & journaling prompts. Engage on TLD groups & Mighty Networks GGN platform for community support.
- Focus: These circles are a peer-to-peer support network. We are not therapists. Reach out to people who you love and trust (person, animal companion, tree).
Elements of a 10 Step Meeting
- Intro Shares: 3-minute shares to get settled into the meeting space.
- Expectations & Norms: Each week we reaffirm our commitment to the expectations & norms.
- Opening & Grounding Exercise: The opening script will be the same every week, then a settling-in exercise happens.
- Steps & Group Shares: The step for the week will be read, distilled, then each group member can have a longer share centered on the step.
- Check Out & Closing Routine: After all the deep work, we will check out from the meeting like we checked in, then end with a poem or a song.
Discrimination Policy: Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism,eco-fascism, or any other type of discrimination or hate-talk is NOT tolerated in our group. We come to this work from a place of love as we attempt to understand the roots of the systemic predicaments; we will not scapegoat a portion of the human population. If anyone fails to uphold these meeting expectations or norms, they will be held accountable for their actions by the facilitators. If they become disruptive to the group or continually fail to uphold these meeting norms, they may be asked to leave.
Want to be part of The Luciferian Dominion’s “10-Steps to Personal Resilience & Empowerment in a Chaotic Climate” Circle?
Contact Piper Furiosa at:
Or use this form to send along your contact information and any questions you might have: